BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 3
29 07 2020
Original content provided by BDO
BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review.
In issue 3 of 2020 we take a close look to an M&A world heavily impacted by COVID-19.
Leggi il contributo dell'Italia a cura di Stefano Variano a pag. 25.
We have seen how businesses and funders around the world have had to react quickly to the impact. For many this has meant working remotely and adapting to new ways of doing business. The initial react phase, has been followed by a period of building resilience into business models to deal with social distancing measures and securing support from Governments to combat the impact on revenues. We have seen this in supply chains, routes to market with an increase in e-commerce and enhanced health and safety measures for employees and customers alike. M&A activity inevitably has suffered as a consequence of other business priorities.
As a global organisation with operations in most countries, we have been able to see how COVID-19 has affected sectors and regions differently by keeping in regular touch with our colleagues. This issue brings you up to date commentary on deal activity levels, active sectors and regions and provides in-depth analysis on potential activity in the next few months.
- Global view – COVID-19 has a further dampening effect on M&A but it feels like activity is resuming
- Special feature – The Path Ahead: Analysis of analyst estimates for insights on the economic recovery
- China Special – A Changing landscape: COVID-19’s impact on China's M&A market
- North America – M&A activity plummets in Q2
- Latin America - Deal volume and value fall to 12-year low
- UK & Ireland –Deal activity declined during Q2 on the back of volatile market conditions caused by caused by the COVID-19 outbreak
- Consumer sector – Acceleration of select consumer trends and the impact on M&A activity
- Real Estate – Will COVID-19 change the value of commercial Real Estate forever?
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.